This is another really exciting bike we’ve just received in stock – it’s the Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1. It’s a high specification bike, built for long days in the saddle. The Advanced-grade composite frame features Giant’s “endurance geometry”, combining light weight and stiffness with a degree of compliance that adds comfort. The vibration-damping D-Fuse seatpost also adds to the ride comfort, whilst powerful Shimano R685 hydraulic disc brakes take care of stopping.
Advanced-Grade Composite frame
Pro-Spec, Advanced-Grade Composite, Full-Composite fork with OverDrive 2 Steerer
Shimano Ultegra/RS685 disc 22 speed drivetrain
Shimano R685 hydraulic disc brakes
Giant P-SL0 Disc WheelSystem
Here’s a bike that marks a significant stage in the evolution of disc braked road bikes. The Specialized Roubaix SL4 Comp Disc combines hydraulic discs with cable operated gears, showing that hydraulic technology is no longer exclusive to the absolute top of the range machines.
Specialized categorize this bike as Road “Endurance”, which marks it down as a contender in the sportive market. It combines wide gear ratio options, powerful hydraulic discs and both the frame and seat pin feature vibration/shock damping inserts to make for a smoother, more comfortable ride. The brakes also have cooling fins and the discs are faced with steel, but have lighter and more heat dispersant alloy cores. Again, this puts it firmly into the long distance, mountain hopping world of the the sportive rider or continental mountain pass bagger.
However, the carbon frame and overall light weight also mean that it’s a tight bike to ride, with plenty of potential to handle sprints and shorter, punchier rides.
– AXIS 4.0 Disc wheelset is reliable and strong
– Specialized Turbo Pro tyres deliver low rolling resistance w/ superior cornering traction
– TURN Zayante BB30 crank provides excellent power transfer
– Shimano 785, hydraulic disc brakes provide reliable, consistent stopping power
– Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed rear derailleur is lightweight w/ smooth and precise shifting
– Minimalist, high-performance Body Geometry Toupé Comp Gel saddle w/ hollow Cr-Mo rails
– Lightweight and efficient, FACT carbon CG-R seatpost w/ Zertz vibration damping
– More on this model on the Specialized website